Why This Matters
The rehabilitation of the historic Elks building will serve as a catalyst for downtown revitalization. This project is so important for many reasons:
– The proceeds generated will be reinvested into the community for improvements through grants, microloans, programming, and revitalization of other buildings;
– The venue will draw people downtown and create a spillover effect for current businesses;
– The completed project will enhance the downtown’s aesthetic appeal;
– It will allow for partnerships with existing businesses to provide their services, such as catering;
– And it will attract new businesses as tenants that will contribute to the downtown tax district and create new jobs.
This project is really bigger than the building as it will give back to build the Webster City community.
You also cannot ignore that many in our local and surrounding communities have fond memories of or ties to the building and want to see this historic structure brought back to life.